Thanks to YouTube, Pinterest, and Search Engines at home DIY Projects are pretty easy to do. With a click of mouse you can learn everything you need to know, get a list of the supplies needed, and post photos of your completed projects without breaking the bank. However, there is a time and a place for DIY and before you are left with an incomplete project or the task to call in the pros make sure you consider the following guidelines.
DIY or Go Pro?
1. Limited Supplies Needed: DIY If your project is limited to a few paint brushes, some wallpaper, or even just a simple drill then going DIY is the best way to go. Applying wallpaper or installing hardware usually comes with guidelines or instructions and if you can’t find them there are countless video tutorials to help make the job simple and easy.
2. Working with Electrical or Plumbing: PRO Most jobs that require working with electrical or plumbing lines usually require a permit which Professionals can get easily, not to mention they are licensed and bonded to ensure that you are protected from any mistakes made on the job. Hot lines and clogged drains can cause more damage than good so make sure if you are doing a DIY approved job like installing a ceiling fan that you take the necessary precautions to keep you safe.
3. Being an Expert: DIY Thanks to unlimited resources on the internet it is easy to become an expert through research and networking with pros. Tasks like laying tile or applying a backsplash can be considered DIY projects if you talk to the right people and you do the process properly. You would be surprised that the small tasks that seem pointless are usually the most critical.
4. Heavy Lifting: PRO In our industry we deal a lot with homeowners buying cabinetry through us and then deciding to install on their own. If you have the team and equipment to do so then it is a great way to save a little on your renovation budget, however we often get a phone call after one too many cabinets get busted from being dropped or banged up in the installation process. Be aware of what you can handle.
5. Equipment: PRO
Finally, sometimes a job looks simple to do but you don’t have the tools necessary to get the job done right. Never be afraid to ask for help. There are ways to cut costs in your budget if you are worried that hiring a professional is going to cost too much. See if there is another way you can get the renovation you want, done right, but at the right cost.
We love a good DIY project as much as the next homeowner, but the key to a successful project is knowing your limits then you can decide to DIY or Go Pro.
If you are looking for some professional advice on your next renovation project, give us a call to schedule a free consultation. Don’t let your DIY project be the reason your wife won’t let you own power tools, give us a call today for our professional opinion.
Arizona’s Interior Innovations is proud to announce that we are sponsoring the 2021 KOLD Cares for Classrooms School Supply Drive!
From now until August 18th you can donate school supplies to local schools at our Arizona’s Interior Innovations showrooms in Tucson and Phoenix! School supplies can range from pencils to backpacks, crayons to large binders, we will take any donation you have to offer.
Help us Stuff the Bin this year and give back to local schools who are still recovering from a rollercoaster school year. Education and learning are made easier when teachers and students have the materials they need to succeed. You can also stop by and see us on Friday July 16th and Friday July 30th between 11 and 1pm at the Walmart located at 7635 N La Cholla Blvd in Tucson where we will be helping KOLD stuff the bin and purchase items for the school supply drive.
Drop off Locations:
576 E 16th Street, Tucson, AZ 85701
1781 W Ruthrauff Rd., Tucson, AZ 85705
6949 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale AZ 85254
West Valley Phoenix
10050 West Bell Rd. Suite 33 Sun City 85351
Feel free to contact Arizona’s Interior Innovations if you have any questions or donation concerns.
Functional Home Office Spaces became a necessity in 2020 due to “Work from Home Mandates” and long quarantine periods. A year later, many companies have prolonged their working from home periods and other have done away with corporate office space all together. In response many homeowners have decided to create better workspaces or upgrade their existing arrangement. Whether the space is small, has a multiuse purpose, or is a dedicated large room here are some keys to designing a functional home office space that will keep you excited to go to work.
Plenty of Storage Space:
The Home Office is a central location to a hub of technology, piles of paperwork, and every office supply accessory imaginable. Having dedicated storage space to keep files, conceal cords, and hide the clutter creates a more productive work and headspace. Arizona’s Interior Innovations Custom cabinetry can fit your unique needs for storage and create a durable workspace built to last.
Large Work Area
Whether your work area is a dining room table, a small corner in the bedroom, or a private den your actual desktop space is important. Once the clutter is cleared and assigned its designated space your desktop should be durable and have the ability to hold more than just a laptop. Creating expandable desktops has allowed many work-from-homers to use a large space and hide it away during times of un-use. This concept has grown in popularity with homeschooling moms. The ease of creating a focused workspace for children to complete their schoolwork and then the ability to hide the mess and the clutter during afterschool hours and over the weekend has made the adjustment to homeschooling easier on a lot of families. Arizona’s Interior Innovations can help design this creative space with our dedicated team of innovative designers.
Displaying Personal Mementos
Creating an office space that features personal touches provides motivation and positive reinforcements throughout the workday. Bulletin boards featuring photos, custom shelves to hold personal books and photo frames are just a few examples of the little touches that you can add to your home office to make it a space you enjoy being in.
Flexible Sitting or Standing Availability
Research shows that sitting at your desk for long periods of time contributes to weight gain, back problems, and increase blood sugar whereas standing periodically can help reduce all of those and increase productivity. Higher desktops are one way to help with the versatility of sitting and standing for long periods of time. Meanwhile some home offices are welcoming treadmills and bikes to help with increased movement during the workday and reaching fitness goals while on the clock.
Gone are the days of long office hours in a cubicle surrounded by fluorescent lighting. Custom home offices provide a more productive workspace and add value to your home. If you are thinking of customizing your office space or looking for inspiration for a functional home office space contact Arizona’s Interior Innovations and set your appointment with one of our design experts to create your ideal office workspace.
During these uncertain times, we understand that many of our customers have questions about the availability of our services and the steps we are taking to ensure their safety and that of our employees.
Our team is actively monitoring communications from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and state agencies to ensure we are operating consistent with the latest guidance to contain the spread of COVID-19.
We have trained our employees on maintaining appropriate social distance throughout the workday and the critical importance of personal hygiene with a specific emphasis on handwashing before, during and after all jobs so you can be confident when we come to your home for a consultation or when starting a new project we are working in a safe and responsible manner. In our showrooms, we are practicing enhanced cleaning procedures to ensure all customers are safe.
Interior Innovations is still OPEN and actively working with new clients who are looking to renovate their homes. As always, we will take everyday preventive actions to stay healthy and protect the health of our clients, and recommend our customers do the same:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We look forward to continuing to work with you to create the kitchen or bath of your dreams. Please contact us to learn more about our services.
Looking for your dream kitchen? If you’re like most busy families today, your kitchen is the heart of your home. Cook, clean, raise children, spill, splash, live in your kitchen, without a moment’s worry. Twenty-first century science and design have come together to create totally new kitchen elements that challenge easy description or comparison, providing countless choices for every lifestyle need and budget.
Whether you have a precise picture in your mind of what you want, or you’d like our designers to show you what is available, Interior Innovations can transform your existing kitchen into a luxurious space that’s as functional as it is beautiful. By offering innovative ideas and creative design solutions, together we create kitchens, bathrooms and more that capture the style and meet the demands of those who use them – all within your budget. Browse our photo galleries for inspiration, or visit our showroom to make your dream kitchen a beautiful, functional reality.
Contact us now to see how we can give you the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted!